Do EV Tires Really Make a Difference?
Can a different brand of tire make an EV ride more smoothly, perform better, and reduce noise? Seems too good to be true, right? That’s exactly what we thought, so we put a set to the test on our 2015 Tesla Model 3.
The tires of choice for this test are the new ERANGE EV tires from Sailun Tires. After ordering a set of these unique tires to replace our original Michelin tires, we took a ride and performed a couple of shade tree mechanic-style tests with a downloadable DB meter app. We also used our personal internal vibration sensors that never fail on tests like these. This gave us a chance, too, to break out our new Wiha Tools EV-specific toolset, which will protect us from up to 1,000 volts of unwanted electricity.
ERANGE EV tires are designed to reduce rolling resistance, which in turn helps to increase the range of the EV. Its high-efficiency design not only improves the overall driving experience, but also reduces “range anxiety” for drivers. These tires feature increased load-bearing capacity to account for the extra weight of vehicle batteries while also utilizing a reinforced sidewall design for crisp handling and cornering compared to traditional tires.
Developed by Sailun Tire through the use of proprietary EcoPoint3 technology, ERANGE EV is the first dedicated electric vehicle tire lineup specifically designed, constructed, and tested for EV applications. As more and more vehicle manufacturers offer additional electric car, truck, and SUV options, the need for tires that enhance EV performance, help increase range, and also deliver a quiet and comfortable driver experience has never been greater. All this is great information to know—but now it’s time for some testing!
ERANGE EV tires are designed to reduce rolling resistance, which in turn helps to increase the range of the EV.
- Sockets, ratchets, extension bars, wrenches, pliers, cutters, screwdrivers, cable stripping knife, and tweezers
- Individually tested to 10,000 volts AC and rated to 1,000 volts AC for safety and peace of mind
- Dedicated tool compartments for secure storage and organization
- Custom-fit trays with finger-recesses for easy retrieval
- SoftFinish cushion grip handle for comfort and control
- Exact fit precision machined tips for reduced cam-out
- Rigorous heat-treatment process for maximum strength
- Induction hardened cutting edges and jaws for superior sharpness and longevity
- Slip guard handle design for added protection
- Tool case measures 18.11 L x 14.56 W x 4.33 H inches
- Backed by the Wiha No-Hassle Guarante
Wiha Tools USA